Working to the Head of Production across online, radio, gaming and broadcast teams.
Online, radio and gaming – key skills and responsibilities:
- Writing, re-versioning and sub-editing copy for mobile and web platforms.
- Co-ordinating design, build, testing and launch of websites.
- Managing production schedules.
- Planning database and content migration and/or content production.
- Revising budgets, managing costs and reporting spend.
- Overseeing roll-out of 27 websites for radio stations on the Local Radio Company network.
- Managing handover of the BBC Music reviews service when the BBC moved it out-of-house.
- Co-ordinating mobile and web music news service for Orange, the mobile phone network.
- Managing logistics of recording and editing of audio for the BAFTA winning Buzz! games for Sony. Included negotiating contracts with voiceover artists and encoding and QA of audio for delivery.
Broadcast – key skills and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day cost management.
- Location, contributor, archive/stills research and rights clearance and completing risk assessments.
- Sourcing and hiring crew and equipment, booking facilities and negotiating rates.
- Steering all productions with budgets up to £10k.
- BBC Introducing series – BBC Live Music and Events
A number of multi-camera live sessions at Maida Vale and coverage of the BBC Introducing stage at music festivals.
- Latitude festival 2008 – ITV2 – 1 x 60’ ; ITV3 – 1 x 30’
Multi-camera OB at arts and music festival in Suffolk.
- Extraordinary People: The Rainman Twins – FIVE, Discovery Health – 1 x 60'
Observational documentary shot on location in USA.